Dolly Parton Behind the Seams

 


by Dolly Parton with Holly George-Warren



This book was a Christmas gift to myself.  So, yeah, I gave it to myself early!  

"Hard Candy Christmas" is a song that gets me through really tough times in my life.  It's difficult to say just how many times I've sung it on repeat at the top of my lungs, sounding nothing like Dolly.  Somehow it helps me move forward.  I'm such a big fan of Dolly Parton and so many of her songs.

Behind the Seams is just incredibly fun to read and the pages are packed with stories about joyous events and spectacular costumes!  The photography is absolutely exquisite.   I especially loved the close shots of rhinestone patterns, beadwork and embroidery.

I would definitely recommend this to anyone who loves Dolly, stage costumes, or the talent and skill sets needed to create these unique, Backwoods Barbie looks.

What have you been reading?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doodle Hearts Collage

Friendsmas Fizzy Soaking Salts

Growing a Garden Gnome