Friendsmas Fizzy Soaking Salts


Friendsmas celebrations are such a wonderful way to spend an evening with girlfriends!  The plan for this year's party, besides snacks, is for each person to bring a $10 gift and we will swap.  It's nice to have a small something for everyone, though, so this is what I'm adding to the mix.

Fizzy Soaking Salts!





On these cold, dark winter evenings who doesn't love a long, hot bath?  No one!

I've made Bubbly Bath Bombs before, but humidity plays a big role in whether they form a nice shape or just crumble.  That post can be seen here!  For consistent results, I've learned (the hard way) to leave the following ingredients loose in a jar and skip trying to pack them into a ball.


 

Fizzy Soaking Salts

Here's what you'll need for this project:

Assorted Clean Glass Jars * Spray Paint

Bits of Vintage Lace or Pretty Ribbon

Mixing Bowl * Spoon or Whisk * Funnel

1 cup Epsom Salt * 1/2 cup Corn Starch

1/2 cup Baking Soda * 1/2 cup Citric Acid

12 Drops of White Angelica Essential Oil


Where is the line drawn between collections and obsessions?  When it comes to glass jars, I'm somewhere close to that line.  There's always an odd assortment in my craft room.




First, out comes the spray paint.  Any jar lids that are not already a solid color get a quick zip of paint.    While the paint is drying, it's time to start working on the luxurious spa treatment.

If adding drops of food coloring, it is easier to mix evenly with JUST the Epsom salt.  Once you have a shade you like, combine the rest of the ingredients.

Funnel the fizzy soaking salts into their jars.  Decorate with a scrap of vintage lace or pretty ribbon.

Notes:  I'm not using any color today.  White Angelica is one of my go-to essential oils for bathing.  It smells fabulous!  For other fragrances that have become tub time family favorites, click herehere, or there.




I'm so excited to spend a lovely evening with my gal pals at our Friendsmas party!  The fizzy soaking salts will be gifted in a small bag with hot chocolate and cookies!



Please visit my blogging buddies and see their amazing projects!




Upcycled Block Shelf Sitter

Plastic Bottle Snowman

DIY Waterless Snow Globes

Winter Mittens Door Hanger

Upcycling a Metal Can to Winter Scenery

Crochet Snowman Ornament

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

Comments

  1. I love how spray paint and vintage lace can create an elegant look. The jar looks wonderful. Thank you for sharing your fizzy soaking salts recipe with us.

    Stephanie|Crazy Little Love Birds

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good bath soak, Marci! Thanks for sharing this! I know you'll have fun at your friendsmas party! What a neat idea on getting together! Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anything that helps with relaxation is a great gift! I like your collection of jars, and they come in handy. I've started a small collection of jars, too, but I have no idea what I'm going to do with them. I really like this idea. I hope you have a great time at your Friendmas Party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The winter is when I feel like soaking in a tub! This sounds amazing and while I don't know this scent, I adore its name!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Doodle Hearts Collage

Growing a Garden Gnome