Sleepy Greenhouse


This time of year, my greenhouse is resting and mostly empty.



 


I'm trying to grow horseradish for the first time.  On our visit to Oklahoma City in October, The Drake Oyster Bar served freshly grated horseradish with our order of oysters.  It was delicious!  Nothing like that horribly spicy jar of goop from the grocery store.  I vowed on the spot to attempt horseradish in our garden!

When placing my online request for the hardy horseradish plant, there was a warning that it can become invasive.  Out came this large plastic pot.  Just beneath the surface of potting soil is a wonderfully large piece of horseradish root.  My fingers are crossed that it will perform well and be happy with me.  While I was in the greenhouse, I tossed some radish and lettuce seeds around the edges of the same pot, which are already peeking through.



Sage is napping in another corner, waiting for sunnier days.

What are your winter gardening plans?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doodle Hearts Collage

Friendsmas Fizzy Soaking Salts

Growing a Garden Gnome