Bloodroot


by Susan Wittig Albert


When I was first introduced to the China Bayles mystery series, I was planning to check out the books from my library.  The first book, Thyme of Death, was read first and I loved it!  Rushing back to my library for the next one, the closest available was actually the 10th, Bloodroot.  So, yeah, confession time.  I regret that decision as Books 2 - 9 would have been much more suspenseful had I read the series in order.  Notice, I'm giving my reviews in order.  'Lesson learned!  Always read a series in the order written!  Always.

This book is set on the Bloodroot River in Mississippi.  Leatha, China's mother, grew up on this lovely plantation and is a central character.  The story line weaves through their haunting family history and the many sins of past generations.  Our heroine is tasked with solving a current mystery as well as one from two generations past in order to save her family's ancestral home.  Once again, I 

Could.  Not.  Put.  It.  Down.

What have you been reading?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doodle Hearts Collage

Friendsmas Fizzy Soaking Salts

Growing a Garden Gnome