Chile Death


by Susan Wittig Albert


The setting is Pecan Springs during June Fest and the annual chili cookoff.  We have a mostly familiar, quirky cast with just a few new introductions.  Our heroine, China Bayles, is tasked with solving two suspicious deaths, theft AND possible elder abuse!  Ruby and McQuaid, best friend and love interest of our main character, respectively, are key to finding clues and uncovering motives.  I've mentioned before that Ruby is my favorite personality in this series.  She is courageous on so many levels.  We all want a best friend like Ruby!

Although I have loved all the books in this series, Chile Death has been my favorite so far.  Once again, the author keeps me fooled until the very last chapter.  I

Could.  Not.  Put.  It.  Down.

What have you been reading?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doodle Hearts Collage

Friendsmas Fizzy Soaking Salts

Growing a Garden Gnome