Cat's Claw


by Susan Wittig Albert


The setting for this mystery is once again in the charming little town of Pecan Springs, Texas.  Too bad the location lives only in the imagination of the author.  I'd love to visit!  The main character in Cat's Claw, is Police Chief, Sheila Dawson.  It was nice to read from her perspective on current crimes and how she really feels about China Bayles.  Smart Cookie, as her friends call her, has her hands full with one death and one disappearance.  Interestingly, the author introduces members of the Pecan Springs police force and their roles around town, which I enjoyed.  

As always, I was turning pages as quickly as I could and blew through another book in this series.  The twist at the end gets me almost every single time.  I seldom guess the culprit more than a couple of pages ahead of the author, if at all.

What have you been reading?

Comments

  1. Sounds like an easy read! I´m still at "What an Owl knows"...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Doodle Hearts Collage

Friendsmas Fizzy Soaking Salts

Growing a Garden Gnome