Mock Orange with Raindrops

 

These small blossoms are slightly fragrant.




The bush's shape creates a lovely umbrella.  This makes up the roof and one side of our Fairy Grotto.  When our oldest granddaughter was around eight years old, we were getting ready to read inside the grotto and she said, "I wish fairies were real."  Sweet girl!


This year, any time I walk past, I can hear hummingbirds chattering.  Certain there is a nest inside, I walk very slowly beside it, hoping to see the babies.  If I find that nest hummingbird nest, it will be the only thing I talk about!


With so many blooms on each stem, pollinators love the Mock Orange!  There's a lovely hum of insects coming and going.

Even in the rain, this is a gorgeous large shrub.


What's happening in your garden?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doodle Hearts Collage

Friendsmas Fizzy Soaking Salts

Growing a Garden Gnome