Liberty Tea * Marci's Version


If you check my blog's Musing page, you will see what a fangirl I am of Susan Wittig Albert!


Every single China Bayles book in the entire series has been read by me.  All of them.  So, of course, I own a copy of China Bayles' Book of Days.  For the 4th of July, she lists a recipe for Liberty Tea.  It sounds delicious, but not all ingredients are in my garden, so using what was available, here's my version.

Liberty Tea * Marci's Version

5 sprigs Lemon Balm, plus a few leaves for garnish
5 sprigs Spearmint
3 sprigs Apple Mint

Rinse herbs and remove any brown foliage.  Tuck them into container of your choice and cover with hot water.  I used a quart size jar and 24 ounces blazing hot water from my Keurig machine.  Cover.  Let steep 10 minutes.  Pour over ice.  Add enough water to fill pitcher.  Serve cold, garnishing with fresh herb leaves. 

'Very refreshing on these hot summer days we've been having!  What have you been enjoying from your garden?

Comments

  1. Very interesting for only using various sprigs, but it must be very refreshing
    Found your post at A Stroll Through Life: Inspire Me Tuesday. My entries this week are numbered #51+53.
    Please join and share your posts with us https://esmesalon.com/tag/seniorsalonpitstop/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Doodle Hearts Collage

Friendsmas Fizzy Soaking Salts

Cultivating Autumn Arrangements