Ceramic Leaf Bowl Workshop


Another great class from Ozark Folkways in Winslow, Arkansas!


The creative energy inside this historic building is amazing!  Any workshop I've attended there has been very well prepared.  They never disappoint!



Class began with choosing leaves and gently pressing them into the clay.


My sweet classmate from high school attended with me!  Look how focused we are as we cut around the edges of each leaf!


Our instructor advised us wavy outlines were more forgiving than straight ones.


Any excess clay was removed and tossed into a bucket for other projects.


Shaping the cutouts felt a little daunting to me.  It was hard to decide exactly what I wanted each one to be.  Mine will be mostly flat.


After drying for two weeks, our creations will be glazed and fired.


Can you tell we had a great time?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doodle Hearts Collage

Friendsmas Fizzy Soaking Salts

Growing a Garden Gnome