Blue Vine Milkweed


 This beauty was a gift from the wind.



When the dark bluish green ivy was first noticed, a stake was placed beside it, just as a reminder of its presence.  The leaves are a lovely color.


A dear friend was visiting my garden, and I asked if she knew what it was.  A plant app advised Blue Vine Milkweed (Cynanchum laeve).  Several common names are listed:  Sand Vine, Honey Vine, and Climbing Milkweed.  If you know others, I'd love to hear them!


The tiny, clustered blooms are a magnet for small pollinators.  Seed pods are forming now.  I hope to harvest them and add more of these beauties to my Monarch Way Station as it is a host plant for Monarch larvae.


What's happening in your garden?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doodle Hearts Collage

Friendsmas Fizzy Soaking Salts

Growing a Garden Gnome