The Revolution of Marina M.


 by Janet Finch



A dear friend recommended White Oleander by Janet Finch.  The day I stopped by my library, it was not available, so I grabbed this book instead.  It has me researching all sorts of things about Russian history!  I love it when a book inspires me to look for more information!

This story begins in Tsarist Russia on New Year's Day, 1916 just prior to their revolution.  Teen poet, Marina, with two dear friends and their families, portrays how the changing tides impact their day to day lives, each member being torn in different ways.  Where should their loyalties lie?  When should one speak out or remain silent?  Soldiers die in battle.  Fortunes are lost.  Courageous and heartbreaking at the same time, this author kept me guessing to the very end.  I already have the sequel, Chimes of a Lost Cathedral, and look forward to starting it!

What have you been reading?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doodle Hearts Collage

Friendsmas Fizzy Soaking Salts

Growing a Garden Gnome