Garter Snake


Cutting back some shrubbery in one of my bigger beds, this little guy (girl?) startled me.  Harmless, but I still ran backwards shouting profanity.  




After I had lost my mind, I attached the big lens to my camera.  These shots were taken from far, far away!  

The Garter Snake seems healthy, so that's good news for my habitat gardening!  He (she?) was loosely coiled in a Mahonia Bush enjoying the sunshine.  I'm curious how long it might be, but did not disturb the sunbathing.

What's happening in your back yard?

Comments

  1. It is good news, the snake can take care of unwanted rodents. Great photos, I think they are pretty snakes. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great weekend! PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know they are harmless but I sure hate seeing snakes! It's that time of year to see them on the trails so I am extra cautious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello. I'm afraid of snakes, but I have to say, they look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Doodle Hearts Collage

Friendsmas Fizzy Soaking Salts

Cultivating Autumn Arrangements