January Harvest


In this wonderfully mild winter so far, my little vegetable patch keeps on producing!  What a treat!  Will you check out the size of those radishes?!



The photo above was taken on January 2, 2024 and is very similar to my 


This plate is holding Raggedy Jack Kale, Early Scarlet Globe Radishes, and Scarlet Nantez Carrot tops.  Garlic was harvested also, but not photographed this time.  

The radishes were cleaned and enjoyed raw.  The kale was added to a nice hot soup on a chilly gray day.  I would compare the flavor of these carrot tops to bland parsley.  I've tried two recipes for carrot top pesto, but didn't care for either.  If at first you don't succeed . . . 


This photo was taken on January 8th.  There are two half barrels of lemon balm on the north side of my small greenhouse.  A couple of stray seeds have snuck inside and very happy in the greenhouse.  I love to brew a pitcher size portion of my lemon balm with a single bag of Lemon Ginger tea and add just a touch of honey.  Hot or cold, the citrus flavor is so soothing.

This week, we are getting snow and very cold temperatures.  These may be the last of my harvesting outside my greenhouse until Spring.  I'm curious to see if anything survives!

What's happening in your garden?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doodle Hearts Collage

Friendsmas Fizzy Soaking Salts

Growing a Garden Gnome