February Fitness Update


It would be really nice if I could just pay for a gym membership and be fit.  ;-)  That part where I have to show up and work out is rough!


Two resolutions on my Master Plan for 2024 are health related.  My gym has a challenge each month.  For February, we had five exercises that were repeated once per week.  The goal was to go up in weight from week to week, hopefully, maxing by the end of February.  I didn't make much progress on pull ups, but was super excited about rest.  The other exercises were Hex Press, Reverse Lunge, Contralateral Split Squat and Dead Lifts.  My progress from Week #1 to Week #4 listed on the right in NOTES.  


'Still not perfect as far as working out five days per week, but getting better.

It's interesting how my courage was holding me back more than my strength.  'Powerful lesson.  This challenge was a nice boost for my confidence.  I'm much more likely to attempt a heavier weight even if I only get one rep with it.

.  Another big win is about my balance.  In 2016, my right hip had a torn rotator that required surgical repair.  Ever since that injury, one side is stronger, so balance is a big struggle, especially when attempting lunges.  Well, this morning, Leap Day, I was able to complete a set of walking lunges while holding weights!  It was slow and wobbly, but for me, that is a huge victory.  I ran over to my trainer, smiling widely, and said, "Did you see that?!"  She was grinning, too, and gave me a high five.  

It's nice to be finding the habit of being sweaty on a much more consistent basis.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doodle Hearts Collage

Friendsmas Fizzy Soaking Salts

Growing a Garden Gnome