Master Plan for 2024, January


This is being written December 30th, 2023.  Resolutions were not on my radar this year until, after a really tough workout, my fitness trainer mentioned this fun fact:

Anyone who writes down their goals is 42% more likely to achieve them.



Since New Year's Day is traditionally a time to set new intentions.  Here are mine for 2024.

If you would like to join me on this crazy resolution adventure, I'll be happy to encourage and support you via email, Facebook and/or sharing links to your posts (blogging not required, just sayin').

1.  Harvest something from our little One Acre Farm every single month.  This will take some serious planning, but I've learned a lot about cool season vegetables and am feeling confident.  Today, Lemon Balm was cut from my greenhouse for a lovely herbal tea.  It was delicious!  A recipe can be found right here.  I've actually posted about another December Harvest as well as what's happening in my Sleepy Greenhouse.  The key for making this goal happen is succession planting and the already mentioned cool season crops.

2.  Attend two concerts.  I love live music.

3.  Kayak or canoe with my hunting dog, Clint.  He's had lots of training, but hates wearing the graduation hat!



Proud Mom moment:  When we had guests at Christmas, Clint was yipping, wanting to come in the house.  Everyone agreed to hold still until he was calm.  I let Clint inside and he did alert bark twice, but settled very quickly.  He performed all of his tricks for me and then did a few tricks with our youngest granddaughter!  She was so happy!  If you would enjoy seeing posts featuring Clint, click here or here.  Would you like the recipe for Clint's birthday party pup cakes?  It's right here!  Oh, and there's also a post about his Camping Trip.

4.  Increase muscle mass.

5. Decrease body fat.

Both of these objectives are thanks to my new gym.  They have this seriously cool machine that measures all kinds of stuff besides your weight.  In the past, when I was unhappy with my physical appearance, my focus was on losing pounds.  These days my thoughts are less about vanity and more about overall health.  None of us get younger, do we?  This year, I plan to concentrate on building muscle and dropping fat by being in a fitness class 5 days per week.  Getting data from that cool machine will be happening around the 15th of each month depending on what day of the week the 15th happens to land.



6.  Post new content on Old Rock Farmhouse blog once per week.

7.  Promote Old Rock Farmhouse blog once per week either thru cooperative blogger events or sharing on social media.  If you happen to know of any blogger reading, craft or gardening challenges, I'd love an invitation to participate!

8.  Read 26 books and post reviews on Old Rock Farmhouse.  Have you noticed my page titled Musing?  That's where I'll be adding anything bookish including quotes or poetry, and Master Plan for 2024.

9.  Post updates on all of these targets the first week of each month on Old Rock Farmhouse.

10.  Continue learning to draw and watercolor with at least weekly practice.

Do you enjoy creating resolutions?

Comments

  1. Hello
    Sounds like you have a great plan. The Lemon Balm tea sounds great. Clint is a beautiful dog. Happy New Year, I wish you and yours all the best in 2024.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you have yourself a plan that is the first part of the battle knowing what you want to do I want to invite you to come see our blog http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Doodle Hearts Collage

Friendsmas Fizzy Soaking Salts

Growing a Garden Gnome