March Harvest 2024

Horseradish

Fasten your seatbelt.  You will NOT believe what I have for you today!  I can hardly believe it myself!





Lemon Balm

Inside my greenhouse, plants are expected to perform.  This is my first attempt at horseradish, so it is truly thrilling to see it thriving!  The leaves are edible, but since I am not a fan of spicy hot things, they really weren't for me.  A few horseradish leaves were added to a taco salad.  A little goes a long way.

  Lemon Balm has a way of sneaking around the garden.  The above photo is inside my greenhouse.  I love using Lemon Balm.  Here are some of my recipes:




The fuzzy, silver plant toward the back of this planter is Garden Sage.  The brighter green one in the bottom right corner is Parsley.  Again, these are inside my greenhouse and performing well.  Here are some more of my recipes:  



Outside, garlic is hearty in our winters and frequently pulled.  I don't remember the hybrid I planted, but it doesn't make the nice tight cloves seen in grocery stores.  Mine grows loosely and the bulbs remain pretty small.  The flavor packs a mighty punch, though!  I grab some fresh from the garden whenever I need it.


Our onions are considered a heirloom variety.  Some call them multiplying onions or bunching onions.  These things are prolific.  Like the garlic, they are hearty in our area.  When I want some, I go grab some.  There are plenty all year.


If you've been following my harvests, my February Harvest netted some wonderful carrots.  The foliage is sprouting back on the ones that were frozen during our single digit temps.

OK.  Here comes the fasten-your-seatbelt exciting news.  Are you buckled up?


My Raggedy Jack Kale sprouted right back out after getting frozen!!  I was absolutely over-the-moon to find kale emerging again!  You can bet your boots Raggedy Jack Kale will be planted in my garden every year forever!

Please tell me what's happening in your garden!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doodle Hearts Collage

Friendsmas Fizzy Soaking Salts

Growing a Garden Gnome