April Harvest


Morel mushrooms grow wild here.  Only available in late March and early April, they feel like a special treat!  It's so much fun to get outside and forage for them.  



If you're following along with my Master Plan for 2024, my intention #1 happens to be harvesting something every single month of the year.  So far, I've been successful!

Along with the above magnificent morel mushrooms, there were the cool season crops of garlic, onions, kale and carrots.  My little greenhouse gave us sage and lemon balm.

In other gardening news, the potatoes planted on March 16 are up and looking very healthy.  Last year, I planted asparagus for the first time.  Ten plants were purchased, but eleven were shipped.  All of them sprouted from the root stock received.  This year, only ten seem to be growing.  Thin and spindly, but growing.  I love the fern like texture of their dark green leaves.

Six Roma tomato plants were tucked into the soil this week.  Hopefully, they will perform well.  Most of my garden time has been spent weeding and mulching.  I'm always so hopeful this time of year as a new season begins.

What's growing in your garden?

Comments

  1. Your April harvest sounds good :)

    All the best Jan
    https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Doodle Hearts Collage

Friendsmas Fizzy Soaking Salts

Growing a Garden Gnome